friday 40k humor

friday 40k humor

Monday, July 18, 2011

Tourney's what is your POV

Greetings and Salutations Drkmorals here dropping some random thoughts on my new family of Battle Brothers and sharing a bit of the group blog burden so Monger doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting.. (Go ahead and have a cool drink Monger I got this today.) I normally post my written picture filled nonsense over on my site. The Emperor's Codex (blatant self promotion.) but I plan on helping out here as well from now on. Although I haven't really worked out a schedule of how often yet..

Today I wanted to take  minute of your time to talk about Tournaments. I don't want to talk about missions, tactics or the usual cut throat stack cheese and spam up to bring the pain that ML normally dabbles in. No I want to talk about the tourney experience and how your personal view of it may be totally different from mine or anyone else's when you go to an event. What do you mean Drkmorals? Well I am glad you asked random person I made up...

Clearly your FAQ was updated mid tourney.
If you had brought your laptop you would know. 
I really want to highlight that I don't have a requirement as the type of person that should be playing at the event. I hear this often from other players and it doesn't make sense to me and I don't think its healthy for our hobby. I read the uber competitive blogs or talk with people who are upset because you should know your rules inside and out before going. You should know all the codex's and the FAQ's and are angry when people haven't read or studied them prior to a event. While I think a general rules knowledge is important as well as knowing how your codex works. I really don't expect anything beyond that from anyone. In fact I will argue that going to tourneys as a newer player will teach you the rules and other codex's faster than anything else. Trial by fire so to speak. If you don't know the other armies rules that only will hurt your score or ability and I don't understand why that upsets people. If you are a newer player and we match up I will go out of my way to teach you while playing and try to get you to have a good time, to me it only can help the hobby to grow the player base and encourage our newer players.

If Flashgitz makes your day better  go ahead and
run the them I say!!!
Also if you want to bring your uber master class painted fluffy army to have a blast and you don't care if its a good list or not. Then all the power to you, I ain't mad at you. Have a great time and enjoy your day of gaming. This also doesn't upset me at all and I have talked with people that get upset about this as well saying he didn't bring a tourney army or his list is horrible why would he bring that. This just might be his fishing day so to speak. I think the argument is these guys ruin the field jumping players up in rank when they could have fought a tougher first round, but who cares since first round is random. Also normally the good players rise to top of events regardless by round 3. Anyone who goes to several events knows again its the player not the army or match ups that is consistent with doing well. You can get lucky and get three or more match ups in your favor but it doesn't happen very often and the game we play can be paper, rock, scissors anyway nothing you can do about it.

What I am really saying is Don't be a Hater. We all started someplace and what gives any of us the right to tell anyone else how to enjoy their hobby or spend their day of R and R. I am not saying everyone gets a pass the WAAC player who cheats.. yeah your still a Jerk face and no one likes you.. and the guy who loses one round and goes home.. Feel free to request the TO ban him. I am just saying in general stand back and give your fellow gamer's at the event the benefit of the doubt, a little slack, and maybe try to look from another POV before you complain about someone. Our community only gets better if we make it better and any of us can step up to help out another gamer at any time. I show up to compete and for the challenge but if you come for any other reason I dont' mind, in fact I encourage you to come out and make a day of it.
blog comments powered by Disqus